
If you want to see the full 36" X 52" monster image, it's HERE.
The perspective I chose for this project was one assisting an individual moving to the Pensacola area in selecting a residence location. I selected the poster presentation option because of its marketing appeal, since a central goal for a service assisting clients in selecting an area to buy a home in is marketing the benefits of the area. Because of the marketing angle, I wanted to provide enough technical information on the poster to be satisfactory to the stakeholders using it without being overly burdensome in terms of jargon. If I had seen the poster template sooner than 24 hours before turning in the finished product, I would definitely have done some things differently in presentation. However, I didn't feel like I had time to rework this particular assignment's layout in a way which served the hypothetical objective in the short time span. For this reason, I noted some areas in which my poster presentation could have used improvement and am moving forward. In particular, I would have oriented the comparative layouts in horizontal rows rather than a 2X2 array. I also would have formatted the text areas differently; I liked the contrasting color for a section header versus the body text as depicted in the poster template. Some sort of background image wash would also have been visually attractive for an screen display environment. My use of white space is ingrained from years of work with making physical print maps on large format plotters, for which ink is quite expensive and I have to be able to justify the cost versus benefit of using large areas of color. Nonetheless, the learning experience value of this lab was substantial.
I was pleased with the outcome of my explorations in importing the Walmart corporate symbol and also applying the Week 4 concepts in creating csv files to bring in the locations of the Walmart stores and the Escambia County Medical Examiner's Office. Mercifully, those efforts worked on the first try.
No comments:
Post a Comment